Health information technology can be a powerful tool for improving the quality of health care delivery. Yet, the transition to implementation can be expensive and challenging, and it can sometimes be difficult to demonstrate the return on investment.
To prepare for this Application:
- Identify a specific challenge related to quality and safety. (This may be the same challenge you selected for this week’s Discussion or a different one.)
- Investigate how health information technology could be used to address this challenge. Review the information presented in this week’s Learning Resources, and conduct additional research of your own using the Walden library and credible Web sites. Then, narrow your focus to one type of technology that would be highly beneficial for addressing this challenge.
- Consider the potential outcomes associated with implementing this technology.
- What stakeholder concerns might arise?
- How would it potentially decrease (or would it possibly increase) systems errors and/or errors related to human factors?
- How could the return on investment be determined?
Write a 1- to 2-page paper that addresses the following:
- Identify a specific challenge related to quality and safety.
- Explain how health information technology could be used to address this challenge. (Make your response as specific as possible.)
- Evaluate possible outcomes of the implementation of this technology.
This Application is due by Day 7 of this week.
Your written assignments must follow APA guidelines. Be sure to support your work with specific citations from this week’s Learning Resources and from additional scholarly sources as appropriate. Refer to the Essential Guide to APA Style for Walden Students to ensure that your in-text citations and reference list are correct.
Submit your assignment by Day 7.